Infratech infrared heating has been very popular in Australia, especially with those chilly nights we have become accustomed to. Infratech prides themselves as industry leaders in electric infrared technology, with more than 50 years in the industry.
Infrared Heater Efficiency
A staggering 90% of the heat generated by an Infratech infrared heater is converted into radiant heat. Other forms of heating run at 50% efficiency at best. Infratech’s secret is in the quality of their manufacturing and components. They have infrared quartz technology. The heat is transmitted through the infrared component. From here it only heats solid objects. For example, furniture, floors, chairs, people, etc. Basic physics tells us that heat rises. This makes anything other than infrared heating mostly inefficient when heating outdoor areas.
Infrared Heating vs Gas
There a quite a few advantages in favour of electric heating over gas heating.
- Electric heaters simply look better. They can be wall mounted, pole mounted or recessed into a ceiling which minimises their visual impact outdoors.
- Electric heaters generate a warm convection type of heat that provides silent operation and superior performance compared to gas.
- Its heating radius is greater than that of gas.
- Electric heaters are merely a flick of a switch. Interaction with a gas bottle can be dangerous.
- They are easily installed and do not take up precious patio ground space.
- Electric heating is a versatile application, it can be outside as well as inside.
- There will be an initial outlay for a quality electric heater but once purchase and installed the only ongoing cost will be the minimal with the amount of electricity used.
- With gas heating, you are constantly changing bottles and invariably you will run out when you least expect it.
What is More Economical, Gas or Electric Outdoor Heating?
Electric is a much better option. Electric heating doesn’t have nearly the amount of moving parts as gas. You also need to consider the ignition parts, gas specific valves and burners that gas heating requires. The parts all need maintenance and repair at some stage, all of which add up to an ongoing consumer cost. Also, the cost of changing the gas bottle becomes significant over time.
Is Electric Heating Safer Than Gas Heating?
There are many aspects of electric heating that are much safe than gas. Firstly, electric heaters can be wall or ceiling mounted. This keeps them away from little fingers, clothes and other hazards which may start a fire or result in someone getting burnt. There is always a possibility with gas that there may be a leak which could lead to an explosion and/or fire. There is no harmful emission produced by an electric heater.
Are Outdoor Heaters Environmentally Friendly?
Infratech not only produce 90% heat efficiency, but they are also eco-friendly. They will not generate any greenhouse gases or odours in your enclosed area. The design team can also work with you to make sure you are getting maximum output from the heater size that best suit your space.
Infratech Infrared Heating Models
This series includes single element heaters that range from 1500 – 4000 watts. They are one of the smaller units in the range and are effective in heating smaller areas. If you have partitioned areas these can be effective or if there is a focused area outside you wish to heat, e.g. – dining table area or BBQ area, this size would be adequate. It is suitable for either domestic or commercial use. It is suitable for mounting heights of between 7-11 feet.
These are a dual element heating system and are larger in size and wattage than the W and SL series. They can be installed in areas that have 8-14 feet mounting heights. The range includes choices of units between 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 watts.
SL Series Slimline Heaters
These slimline heaters will fit seamlessly into your outdoor area. They are appropriate for surface mount applications up to 11 feet. They come with a T-slot which gives the customer flexible mounting options. Available in durable anodized aluminium housing finishes including silver, bronze and all black Slimline Shadow, these applications are available in 1600, 2400, 3000 and 4000-watt models.