Flush Mount installation from Infratech.
The Infratech flush mounting option has long been a favorite option among the architects, interior designers and engineers working on today’s most sought-after commercial and residential properties.
Flush mounted Infratech heaters are as stylish as they are versatile – they can be installed with the edges exposed, or can be partially covered by a drywall, plaster, stucco or tongue-and-groove ceiling treatment. Our team is frequently called upon to collaborate during initial planning stages, in order to provide comprehensive, low-profile flush mounting heating solutions that blend seamlessly into a property’s décor.
Flush mounted heaters are easy to install. For installation instructions, or to find out more about whether flush mounting is right for your space, we invite you to watch the video on the right.
Please note: Infratech heaters cannot be flush mounted into a pitched or sloped ceiling.
When to flush mount
- Infratech’s W-Series or WD-Series heaters may be flush-mounted into a non-sloped ceiling.
- Choose from three sizes: a 83.82cm, 99.06cm or 154.94cm frame, and from wattages ranging from 2,000–6,000 watts, depending upon whether you’re using a single or dual element heater.
- Requires a flat ceiling and minimum 5.08cm x 20.32cm studs, where the heater can face straight down when recessed.
- Avoid flush mounting the heater close to a ceiling fan or light fixture.
- You will need to hire a licensed contractor in order to complete a flush mount installation.
STUCCO OVER FRAME
TONGUE-AND-GROOVE OVER COLOURED FRAME
MATCHING COLOURED FRAME OVER FINISHED CEILING
Flush mount your heater in four simple steps
Frame the pocket that will house the heater with a one hour-rated ﬁre containment box. Note: Frame and heaters cannot be mounted on a sloped/pitched ceiling.
The junction box must be mounted outside of the lined pocket. You can choose to mount the junction box in a variety of locations, depending upon where you’ll be accessing it.
Install the frame into the finished pocket. You may choose to leave all four inches of the trim exposed, or partially cover it with a decorative ceiling (1.27cm clearance is required from ventilation holes).
Install the heater (heater must face horizontal to the ﬂoor) and adjust the tabs to set the heater ﬂush with ﬁnished ceiling.
WARNING: FRAME AND HEATERS CANNOT BE MOUNTED ON A SLOPED/PITCHED CEILING. FLUSH MOUNT APPLICATIONS MUST ALWAYS BE INSTALLED WITH HEATERS HORIZONTAL TO THE FLOOR ON A FLAT, NON-SLOPED CEILING.