How do I choose the right heater?
With a wide variety of heaters, controllers and mounting options, Infratech Heaters can show you the right heater for your space and budget. Firstly, it is important to determine the dimensions of the area including the length, width and height. Next, decide which way you would like to mount the heater – ceiling, wall, pole or flush mount. Then you need to choose colours and power wattage capabilities (depending on the power available to your site).
Environmental contributors in the area will need to be taken into consideration, such as insulation, windy areas and coverage provided by a building or wall. Coverage is the function of your selected heaters power and your mounting height. Refer to our coverage chart to help you determine the heater that will suit your area.
Example: A 3000 watt, 12.5 amp heater will cover an area of 2.5m x 2.5m with a mounting height of 2m – 2.7m.
3 different choices of controller
There is the custom controller which allows you to make infinite control adjustments including heat intensity, zone heating and timer functions. There is also the duplex stack switch which allows you to choose full power or half power. Lastly there is the solid state control package which is Infratechs most popular custom controller which has a relay panel and analogue function.
Infratech heaters can also be synced with Smart home integration. With the home management controls you can choose from a range of programming options which can allow you to save heat settings for off site control capabilities. It will also allow you to control zones and timing functions.
The W series includes single element heaters that range from 1500 to 4000 watts. It is suitable for mounting heights of between 2m – 3.3m.
- Classic W-Series fixtures are suitable for most basic installations
- Features include minimal clearance requirements, recessed mounting
options, short standoffs and mounting heights between 2m to 3.3m
- Choice of 1,500-4,000 watt and 120-480 volt capacities
- Compatible with solid state controls for larger-scale residential or
- Choice of finishes including brushed stainless steel, standard and custom options
The WD Series are a dual element heating system and are larger in size and wattage than the W and SL series. They can be installed in areas that have 2.5m – 3.3m mounting heights. The range includes units between 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 watts.
- High-powered, dual-element WD-Series fixtures provide more concentrated heat for recessed installations, premium outdoor heating applications, large scale coverage needs, and spaces with 2.5m – 4.2m mounting heights
- Choose from 3,000-6,000 watt and 208-480 volt capacities
- Typically installed with solid state controls, to vary the electric load for comfortable heat in a wide range of conditions
- May also be installed with duplex/stack switches for effectively a half-power or full-power option
The Slimline Series heater will fit seamlessly into your outdoor area. They are suitable for surface mount applications up to 3.3m. They come with a T-slot which gives the customer flexible mounting options. Available in durable anodized aluminium housing finishes including silver, bronze and all black Slimline Shadow, these applications are available in 1600, 2400, 3000 and 4000-watt models.
- Sleek, streamlined Slimline single element heaters are ideal for surface mount applications up to 3.3m
- Features include modern styling, brushed stainless trim with optional dark contrasting housing, narrow profile, and a T-slot for flexible mounting options
- Choose from 1,600 watt, 2,400 watt, 3,000 watt or 4,000 watt capacities
- Available in durable anodized aluminium housing finishes including silver, bronze, and our new all black slimline shadow that are capable of withstanding years of outdoor use
We can also accommodate a custom design to fit your unique space. Finally, you will need a licenced electrician to connect the unit.